Welcome to the official Website of Kankakee County Branch 3035 of the NAACP.
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
Through organization, education and advocacy, we’re working to bring about a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
Our branch meetings are open to the public and are held on the second Thursday of every month at 7PM in the KCCSI ground floor meeting room, 657 E. Court Street, Kankakee. Learn more.
Not in Kankakee County? Click here to find your local NAACP Chapter.
News and Coming Events
- Nest Branch Meeting August 12th – The next Kankakee County NAACP meeting will be held on Thursday, August 12th, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. CST. – Join by Zoom – Meeting ID: 885 3364 2515 Passcode: 682223
- There’s no July Branch Meeting due to the 112th NAACP Virtual National Convention being held July 7-14.
- Read Our 2020 Annual Report – Click Here for the PDF Document
- Ten Shared Principles – Watch this video for an introduction.
- Read about the Crisis Response Team
- NAACP Legal Clinic – 5 PM Every 2nd Wednesday at 657 E. Court Street, Suite 205
- Learn About the “Call to establish the NAACP.” Click here!
- How to deal with “lights in the mirror.”