Welcome to the official Website of Kankakee County Branch 3035 of the NAACP.
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
Through organization, education and advocacy, we’re working to bring about a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
Our branch meetings are open to the public and are held on the second Thursday of every month at 7PM in the KCCSI ground floor meeting room, 657 E. Court Street, Kankakee. Learn more.
Not in Kankakee County? Click here to find your local NAACP Chapter.
News and Coming Events
- Branch Meeting December 10th – The Kankakee County NAACP Monthly Meeting will be held on Thursday, December 10th, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. CST. Click here to join by Zoom. Or call +1-312-626-6799. ID is 890 0755 2158 and Passcode is 668828.
- NAACP/Law Enforcement Meeting – Watch this video for our July 2020 meeting with law enforcement.
- Ten Shared Principles – Watch this video for an introduction.
- Read about the Crisis Response Team
- NAACP Legal Clinic – 5 PM Every 2nd Wednesday at 657 E. Court Street, Suite 205
- Learn About the “Call to establish the NAACP.” Click here!
- How to deal with “lights in the mirror.”