Shots of Hope
COVID-19 VACCINE CLINIC AT MORNING STAR COMMUNITY CENTER APRIL 30TH
Registration Link: https://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/1619094327678
Welcome to the official Website of Kankakee County Branch 3035 of the NAACP.
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.
Through organization, education and advocacy, we’re working to bring about a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.
Our branch meetings are open to the public and are held on the second Thursday of every month at 7PM in the KCCSI ground floor meeting room, 657 E. Court Street, Kankakee. Learn more.
Not in Kankakee County? Click here to find your local NAACP Chapter.
News and Coming Events
- Racially Conscious Remedies – Register now to join SSHC on Tuesday, April 27 at 4 p.m. as we hear housing leaders and researchers discuss constructive remedies for the problems faced by already distressed communities of color with an eye for what may come post-pandemic. COVID-19 has highlighted longstanding disparities affecting these communities and exacerbated the negative health and economic outcomes of our divisions.
- Branch Meeting May 13th – The next Kankakee County NAACP meeting will be held on Thursday, May 13th, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. CST.
- Read Our 2020 Annual Report – Click Here for the PDF Document
- A Covid-19 Conversation – VIDEO
- Ten Shared Principles – Watch this video for an introduction.
- Read about the Crisis Response Team
- NAACP Legal Clinic – 5 PM Every 2nd Wednesday at 657 E. Court Street, Suite 205
- Learn About the “Call to establish the NAACP.” Click here!
- How to deal with “lights in the mirror.”